Monday, September 12, 2011

Royal Sweetheart

I had the pleasure of taking Miss Kallie Grote's senior pictures tonight! She is SUCH a sweetheart!

Kallie, Madame Grote {my High School French Teacher!}, and I met up at Fish Lake to take some gorgeous shots down by the lake. While waiting for them to show up, I came across a smooching couple! I felt a little awkward and kind of little paparazzi-ish. I decided to pretend I didn't see them rolling around in the grass next to me. Back on the subject - Kallie!

I met Kallie a few months ago when I was taking pictures for the Midsummer Candidates. She literally has a contagious smile and I found myself smiling behind the camera as well! She went on to winning one of the three spots for our Midsummer Princesses! So, not only is she a sweetheart - she's royalty!

While walking out to the docks for pictures, we noticed that our spot had been taken over by a man with his dog. We decided to wait and take some shots elsewhere until he left, but he still wasn't gone by the time we started heading over to the dock. He ended up being an extremely nice guy who didn't mind picking up his stuff and moving just for a few minutes. We were able to get some great pictures with Kallie on the dock and in the water!  So.. thank you stranger for being understanding and letting us boot you from your spot!

I felt pretty good about how the pictures were turning out, so we picked up and headed to the next spot - my favorite barn in Harris. Madame Grote had no idea, that when you come to a shoot with me, you'll most likely end up in pictures! I did something a little different, I had both of them draw their face on the chalk board and hold it up. You'll see what I mean in the preview below :] I got some timeless pictures of the mother|daughter duo! I never noticed just how identical you two were until these pictures!

Now, even though Kallie is royal and she's gorgeous.. she's also a all-star! She wanted some pictures in the high school gym with the basketball hoops. Let me just say how crazy it is to be back in the halls of high school! Apparently over the last few years.. a lot has changed! Back on track... I got some great pictures in the gym and am excited for you guys to see them!


If you haven't met Madame Grote or Miss Kallie - I highly suggest it. Both are so kind, funny, and gorgeous - Thanks guy for a super fun night!! C'est la Vie!

1 comment:

  1. This is what I love about you Helena, the unique photo's you take and all of the fun you have taking them!! To have "Madame Grote" in Kallies Sr pictures was so unique and so appropriate for the 2 of them!!! Can't wait to see the rest of them!! The photo's you took for the Midsummer Candidates were awesome, and I know Kallies will be as well!!

    ReplyDelete