Saturday, August 20, 2011

Country Lovin'

What an amazing day! My feet hurt, my hand stings, and it was so worth it!

Today, I was honored to take pictures at Serina and Mike's wedding; along with my bff Tressa by my side. I honestly can't even pick out what my favorite part of the day was because everything went absolutely perfect and there were so many fun surprises throughout the day :]

We started the day off with a "typical" coffee house run :] Smoothies and bagels while finishing up our last minute details and last preparations before the big day was going to begin. Once arriving to the stunning Bruentrup Heritage Farm in Maplewood, the location was set up and just breathtaking - old barns, outdoor ceremony set up, and fields surrounding everything. A picture perfect scene {in my mind}. The bride {Serina} was absolutely gorgeous, as always :] and Mike was handsome and super nervous, but hey.. who wouldn't be!

I have to say - the unveiling of the bride to her groom was such an unforgettable moment. {Thank you} Serina and Mike for allowing us to share such an intimate moment with the both of you. I had a lump in my throat the entire time and could have started bawling at any time! Good thing I didn't' because I would have been a huge mess and the ceremony didn't even start yet! The pictures went just as scheduled and the wedding party couldn't have been better to work with - such great friends you all have. I'm a huge country fan, and I LOVE that the theme was country. Cowgirl boots with the bridesmaid dresses and flower girls was awesome - SO cute! Also made for some pretty awesome pictures!

Ceremony went wonderful! Serina had the most unique ideas, and I only wished that I could have stole some of them for myself - too late on my end! From a sign that read "Here comes the Bride" to the centerpieces, and her "I'm his MRS. and I'm her MR." I just loved everything about it! The weather was perfect, the company was great, and the emotions were running high! Amazing couple that deserved a dream wedding - and it was perfection at its best!

Lots of laughs and smiles were had by all! Even my face hurts because I smiled the entire day even behind the camera :]






A HUGE THANK YOU to everyone that helped Tressa and I today, and to Serina and Mike for choosing us for their big day! Congratulations you two; may you have a long happy life together! PS. Sorry Mike for spilling your beer, totally forgot to get you another one - dang it!


3 comments:

  1. wow Helena those pictures are amazing...and you are amazing-I was watching you and I don't think you stopped once! I asked Tony "how many pictures do you think Helena is taking" I bet 1000's!!!!
    its so awesome how you captured their day-the wedding is so important but the pictures are the memories and that will live on forever!!
    YOU ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there any way to see the other pictures that you took for Serina and Mike's wedding? You two were all over the place last night and I can't wait to see all of the wonderful moments that you captured!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a TON of pictures, but won't post anymore until Mike and Serina have them :] The 6 I have up are it for now! But check back by the end of the month on my Facebook account: Helena Lynne. I usually post the album full of pictures after the bride and groom have the images!

    ReplyDelete